Houston Dog Bite Attorney
There are nearly 13,000 dog bites or attacks that occur every day in the United States. That means that close to 5 million people in the United States suffer from dog bite injuries every year. Texas and California account for the states with the most dog bite incidents, sometimes so serious that they lead to death. These accidents can become very costly and it is important to consult with a Houston dog bite attorney immediately.
Injured by Dog in Houston
Dog bite accidents generally do not involve stray dogs, but rather dogs that are not properly trained. These incidents happen when dog owners are negligent with their dog’s care and training, and are unable to control their dogs. When this type of dog is left unattended and unfenced, they are capable of attacking any pedestrian that passes by. Often times, the types of dogs that attack innocent victims are not attached to a leash even when they are with their owner. the dog owner then does not have any control over the dog, and it allows the dog to attack.
It is the responsibility of the dog owner to have control over their potentially dangerous or aggressive dogs, especially in the event they are allowed or negligently secured and come into contact with innocent individuals (Texas dog laws).
Common Causes of Dog Bite Accidents
- Negligence: This is the most common reason dog bite accidents occur. Dog owners do not provide their dogs with the proper training and care needed.
- Negligent by the law: Dog owners are often times negligent by law and do not abide by Texas statutes regarding leashes, and trespassing.
- Repeat Attacks: If the dog owner is aware that their dog is dangerous and may attack, it is their responsibility to keep them secured away from innocent people. if the dog has already attacked another individual and the owner refrains from controlling them, you are likely to be attacked without any provocation.
- Liability of Landlord: If you are attacked on your landlord’s property, they can be held responsible. it is the responsibility of a landlord to enforce rules for dog owners to keep other tenants safe.
- Young Children: Young children, usually under the age of 6, are frequently attacked by dogs. Children at this young age are generally too young to be responsible for the attack.
What should I do if I was attacked by a dog?
Contact Houston Texas Dog Bite Lawyer, Sue E. West, immediately. it is important to first consult with an experienced dog bite lawyer. Do not give a recorded statement to the police department or an insurance company before consulting with an attorney first.
If you have been attacked by a dog, make sure you are able to identify both the dog and its owner. Report the attack to Houston, Texas’ animal authority and police department. Present them with information pertaining to the attack including photographs of the dog and the injury, the contact information of eyewitnesses, medical records, and even the clothes worn during the time of the attack.
Contact Houston Dog Bite Attorney Today
The West Law Office will thoroughly examine your dog bite accident case and provide you with proper legal representation. We will seek justice on your behalf, and help you receive the maximum compensation possible for your personal injury in Katy or Houston, Texas. Dog bite injuries are taken very seriously by our firm. it is important that you both consult with an experienced attorney, and doctor. Seek medical attention immediately after a dog bite accident to ensure you do not have an infection. Leave the rest to dog bite accident attorney, Sue E. West.
We work on a contingency basis. We do not receive any attorney fees unless we recover damages for you. Consult with Houston dog bite lawyer, Sue E. West, to file a personal injury claim and to discuss your options 281-347-3247.