Houston Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Motorcycle accidents can often times be more dangerous than an auto accident because a motorcyclist does not have the same protection as a car. Being involved in a motorcycle accident incurs both physical and financial losses. You should not have the burden from the cost of medical bills, motorcycle repairs, loss of income, and the pain and suffering endured after a motorcycle accident due to someone else’s negligence. Contact Houston motorcycle accident attorney, Sue E. West, to discuss your rights and options.
Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Despite motorcyclists taking every safety precaution on the road, motorcycle accidents are still very common. Even with protective gear and consistently following the rules of the road, motorcyclists frequently find themselves in situations where they have to protect themselves from collisions with cars or other vehicles.
Motorcycle accidents occur for numerous reasons, including but not limited to:
- Driver negligence
- Many motorcycle accident Houston TX can be entirely prevented. Most of the time, drivers fail to look for motorcycles on the road and cause a collision. Accidents occur due to simply not looking, or speeding, failing to give an indication of switching lanes, or failing to give a motorcyclist the proper amount of space in a lane.
- Third party negligence
- It is important that motorcyclists always keep their eyes moving and aware of driving and road conditions. What may be a small pothole to a larger vehicle can be a serious risk for a bike.
Involved in a Motorcycle Accident in Texas?
It is important to follow basic steps to ensure your claim will receive maximum compensation.
- Seek medical attention immediately. Your health is first and foremost the most important factor to tend to after a motorcycle accident.
- Keep all medical files, information about the drivers involved in the accident and eyewitness, photographs taken at the scene, and anything related to the accident.
- Contact the police to file a police report.
- Refrain from giving insurance companies your recorded statement. What you say can and will be used against you in trial so the insurance company can get out of giving you your deserved compensation.
Contact An Experienced Houston Motorcycle Accident Attorney Today
Contact Sue E. West for a free consultation and experienced legal representation to get you maximum compensation for your injury. Your job will be to fully recover from your motorcycle accident. Our job will be to get you maximum compensation for your sufferings.