Houston Wrongful Death Attorney
Wrongful death is an unfortunate event that occurs when the negligence of an individual or company results in the death of another individual. Houston wrongful death attorney, Sue E. West, at the West Law Office understands how sensitive and important receiving justice for your lost loved one is to you and your family.
Wrongful death claims are generally made by surviving beneficiaries, including the victim’s spouse, children, or close relative. Claims must be filed in accordance with the Texas statute limitations, which can vary for each case. Generally, the time limitation to file for a wrongful death claim in Texas is within two years of the time of death of the victim. Time limitations may vary if the cause of death was determined after the time of death. if you are unsure if you can file for a wrongful death claim, consult with an experienced wrongful death attorney.
Types of Wrongful Death Claims
Grieving the death of a loved one is one of the hardest things an individual can do. if the death of a loved one was caused by the negligence of another person or party, you and your family deserve closure and compensation. The West Law Office is here to help you and your family receive justice for your lost loved one.
A wrongful death claim can be filed for death caused in various situations. Common wrongful death situations occur because of reasons involving, but not limited to:
- Vehicle accidents can result in wrongful death claims for many reasons. for example, an individual may be killed on the road due to a malfunctioning product of their vehicle. it is the responsibility of the automobile company to assure that each and every feature in a vehicle is both safe, and properly functioning.
- Emergency Room/Medical Malpractice
- Emergency rooms, and hospitals, are frequently busy and chaotic. Hospital workers can be too quick to act, leading to negligence and improper diagnosis. All hospital workers are responsible for the health and safety of their patients. if they are negligent and performing surgical errors, discharging a patient too early, or improperly diagnosing a patient, this can ultimately lead to death.
- Anesthesia Malpractice
- Patients undergoing surgery must always be carefully monitored to assure their anesthesia dosage is properly administered and sufficient. an inadequate dosage of anesthesia may result in a patient experiencing a heart attack, brain injury, stroke, or even death.
Contact a Houston Wrongful Death Attorney
If you have lost a loved one due to someone else’s negligence, you and your family may be eligible for compensation for damages including:
- Funeral expenses
- The victim’s future earnings
- Financial aid that would have been given to their children
- Household services
- Loss of love
- Pain, suffering, and mental anguish for the survivors
If your loved one has been wrongfully killed due to someone’s negligence, contact Houston wrongful death attorney, Sue E. West, today. No money can replace the life of your loved one, but with the help of the West Law Office, you can receive the justice your loved one deserves.